MARK HITCHCOCK – B Sc(Arch) B Arch (hons) AIA PIA GSAP
Mark is a Registered Architect with over 30 years’ professional experience and is a director of BHI Architects. Bishop + Hitchcock commenced operation in 1981, with 2 partners, Mark Hitchcock and Paul Bishop, with the main office located in Nowra, NSW, with a primarily residential base of work. The practice demonstrated a sustained growth in turnover and projects to result in a total capacity of 8 offices and 60 employees by 2006. This company then had 5 directors and a practice manager working through offices in Sydney, Canberra, Nowra, Wollongong, Kiama, Batemans Bay, Brisbane, and Dubai. Mark Hitchcock as a Director and Principal, was instrumental in expanding the practice into new markets and winning numerous competitions and architectural awards.
Mark Hitchcock as a director of BHI Architects ensures a continuity of service, employment of staff, and commitment of resources to clients through the offices of Sydney, Kiama, Wollongong and internationally in China. The Diversity of experience, and range of project scales continues to define the broad spectrum of BHI Architects, architectural, interior design, urban design and master planning experiences.
BHI Architects with its resources and depth of experience has the following core principles:
- The focus for BHI’s work is based on producing ecologically sustainable design.
- BHI is practiced in using an integrated design method for architectural design in order to access the optimum talent and experience capabilities of the project consultant team.
- Design issues management is a core feature for delivering the client brief and being used as a basis for project status reporting to our clients.
- Project management systems deliver effective projects that are within budget and programmed parameters.
- The continuing demand of meeting many different project types has fostered a design attitude that is used to working with innovative solutions in order to optimize project performance.
- While designing in the present time frame, BHI teams are acutely focused on the long term future life and performance of their projects. Project priorities are tracked through all stages of project delivery with design management systems ensuring design quality and optimisation of the client brief.
- BHI offices work with integrated BIM software for the documentation of projects.